Sign up HERE for our e-newsletter
and keep up to date with information
about classes / retreats / sales etc
You can unsubscribe at any time
Alex Anderson and Ricky Timms tell us that
** Better cuts make better quilts **
Well – now you can prove how true that is!
Make an appointment to visit my Quilt Studio
and try out myAccuquilt Studio Cutter.
Cut your own fabric easily and accurately.One session is often all you will need to cut fabric for a queen size quilt!
Because as an example – in less than 30 minutes you can cut all the Drunkards Path shapes you would need – and more!
Sessions only £4.50 (Price review in Jan 2017)
Drunkards Path Tile
Bring your own fabric and make accurate, repeated cuts safely and easily.
Cuts up to 10 layers at a time very accurately.
Very easy to use:
The Studio cutter has a professional standard gearing system,
so it is easier to use than the Go! cutter
|1 –||Lay your fabic on top of the cutting die|
|2 –||Cover with plexi mat|
|3 –||Turn the handle to pass the die sandwich though the rollers|
|4 –||Voila! the fabric is cut!|
|Multiple shapes cut with each pass |
so all the pieces for a whole quilt top can be cut very quickly.
(eg – up to 50 hexagons in one go!)
And to make english paper piecing (EPP) even easier – avoid basteing by cutting the paper shapes from freezer paper! Iron to the reverse side, finger press the seam line and hand sew together.
I have 2 EPP dies per set – 1 for fabric, 1 for the paper templates
Suitable for regular, pre-fused or pre-quilted fabrics,
fleece, felt, paper, card etc
£4.50 per session (Price review in Jan 2017)
Session includes use of additional equipment if necessary (iron etc)
Bring your own fabric, or fabrics and fusibles are available for purchase.
To book a session please contact Ani or call 01548 853692
|4″ Marshmallow font||1.25″ Fairytale font|
I have a comprehensive library of cutting dies including :
– Double Wedding Ring (two sizes, 11.5″ or 17.5″ blocks)
– Drunkards Path (x4 = 7″ or 9″ finished block)
– Circles (various sizes 0.75″ – 8.5″, suitable for concentric designs, cathedral window, Japanese folded etc)
– Hearts (various 2″ – 5″, plain edge or frilled edge)
– Hexagons (2″, 4″ or 9″ diam, each in 2 sizes to cut fabric and the smaller papers)
– Santa Sleigh
– snowflakes (x3 designs)
– Sunbonnet sue
– Strips (1″, 1.5″, 2.5″ and 3.5″)
– Squares (various 1″ – 12.5″)
– Stars (1.5″, 3″ and 4.5″, 5-point, 6-point, 8-point)
– Feathers / petals
– Flowers (various sizes, also suitable for nesting)
– Pennants for bunting (8″ x 5″)
– Tumblers (3.5″ or 6.5″)
– Half Square Triangles (finished at 2″, 2.25, 2.5″ and 6.5″)
– Quarter Square triangles (Finished at 4″)
– Full Alphabets and numbers – see above (1.25″ *Fairytale* and 4″ Marshmallow – excellent for baby quilts, story quilts, christmas stockings, advent calendars etc)
– Rectangles (3.25″x6.5″, 5″ x 4″ for Fabric postcards)-Christmas Stocking (14.5″) Combine with alphabet letters to personalise. Embellish with applique shapes
– Winter collection applique shapes ( snowflake, snowman, tree, santa sleigh)
– Summer collection applique shapes ( butterfly /dragonfly / bee / sheep / lady bug)
– Ric rac curved strip (suitable for borders and stems – can be cut regular or irregular for added interest)
– Chisel (with complementary half square triangle to make finshed squared edge)
– Rag edge squares (5.25″ or 8.5″ plus batting squares)
– Rag edge rectangles (6″x7″, 6.25″ x 8.5″, 8″x10″, 10″x12″)
– Rag edge shapes (flower, heart, circle, star)
– 8-point star pieced block, finished at 16″
– Applique shapes – cupcakes, houses, trees (various sizes and shapes) reindeer x2, birds x4, cardinal, dove, birdhouse, cottage, bunny, gingerbread man, maple leaf, holly and berries and others
– Sun Bonnet Sue and Overall Sam
– Dresden Plate
Additional shapes will become available as the library developes. Suggestions welcome
Dies with custom designs can be made to order. Please contact Ani
If you are unable to visit the Crazy Catt to use the cutter,
a mail order service is available and I will cut your fabric for you.
Cost: 15p per width of fabric inch
ie – 4ins strip cut from across the bolt = 60pSingle custom cuts of alphabets, applique shapes etc
– 15p per letter/number/shape
Postage – please include an SAE with the same value stamps
which you use to send the fabric to me